Monday, September 24, 2012

Can The Damage Be Undone?

Listen to this Track (Leave The Light On) by the Oh-So Exceptional 'Beth Hart' on this YOUTUBE LINK HERE.
I seen myself with a dirty face - I cut my luck with a dirty ace - I leave the light on - I leave the light on - - I went from zero to minus ten - I drank your wine then I stole your man - I leave the light on - I leave that light on - Daddy ain't that bad he just plays rough - I ain't that scarred when I'm covered up - - I leave the light on - I leave the light on - Little girl hiding underneath the bed - Was it something I did - Must be something I said - I leave the light on, I better leave the light on - - 'Cause I wanna love - And I wanna live - I don't know much about it - And I never did - 17 and I'm all messed up inside - I cut myself just to feel alive - I leave the light on - I leave the light on - - 21 on the run, on the run, on the run - From myself, from myself and everyone - I leave the light on, I leave the light on - Better leave the light on - 'Cause I wanna love - And I wanna live - I don't know much about it - And I never did - I don't know what to do - Can the damage be undone - I swore to God that I'd never be - What I've become - Lucky stars and fairy tales - I'm gonna bathe myself in a wishin' well - Pretty scars from cigarettes - I never will forget, I never will forget - I'm still afraid to be alone - Wish that moon would follow me home - I leave the light on - I leave that light on - - I ain't that bad - I'm just messed up - I ain't that sad - But I'm sad enough - - Cause I wanna love - And I wanna live - I don't know much about it - And I never did - I don't know what to do - Can the damage be undone - I swore to God that I'd never be - What I've become - I leave the light, I leave the light - I leave the light on - - God bless the child with the dirty face - Who cuts her luck with a dirty ace - She leaves the light on - I leave that light on

No comments:

Post a Comment