Sunday, June 13, 2010

Moving House + Nutters Club

I have just been listening to The Nutters Club on Radiolive. It's a fantastic show, tonight the guest was a parent of Autistic children, they have guests each Sunday evening from all kinds of areas and aspects to do with Mental Health and Addiction.

So this is something I am not sure if I am allowed to, or should be talking about.

The latest thing that I have found out a week or so ago in the line of tactics that 'ACC' (or their lawyers??) is now pursuing as relevant evidence in one of the reviews that has been before a Judge recently is basically because I was able to, and did move house last year, that somehow shows that I was 'well', did not apparently (and maybe do not) either need the level of or any assistance, or that there is some misrepresentation or inaccuracy in my truth, my treatment providers opinions & treatment plans, and an externally appointed ACC quite thorough Assessment.

Part of the reason that I have been reluctant to write about this so far is that I am not able to quote documents verbatim with what is going on through the court process at the moment, BUT, I've decided that I do have the gist of it, and I need to talk about how it's impacting on me.

It really feels like I am on fricken trial here, and am under a microscope by ACC. I feel like I am being treated like a problem to be 'dispatched' with by any means necessary (really don't think think it is all in my head with them compounding attack upon insult with me just wanting to get and be well).
OMG! It feels like I am damned if I do, and damned if I don't with regards to what I say and communicate. Since my therapy was chopped at the knees in Oct 09 and this process of being treated like shit by ACC I am now triple guessing and checking everything I say and think. I know when I wake up in the middle of the night screaming from a nightmare how real the effects are for me, but it has got me at other times going over and over stuff in my head trying to 'work out' the 'truth'. Pre-October, sure there were things about my thinking that weren't well sometimes, but now with this 'PROCESS' that I am being put through that doesn't even make sense (to anyone); and about something so very personal and intimate, it's not like they (ACC) didn't have very specific knowledge about the 'sensitive' nature of my claim well before they started all these actions.

I mean, come on. I was in the position last year where I found out that I needed to move, it happens, right? So it was quite difficult finding a place and shifting by myself for the most part, but I did in August, cause I had to. It was only weeks later that EVERYTHING stopped when I got that phone call saying that 'I had 5 sessions of therapy left'. So yeah I moved house, there is still half a dozen boxes unpacked in the middle of my lounge because I have been to f*%&ed up and not even functional enough in the aftermath of ACC's actions to unpack boxes. They want that to show or prove what. Crap.

How was that Football game this morning (USA vs ENG), have never even watched a game before, but thought it was great! And to make the game even better I got a tweet from Ms Kylie Minogue!

1 comment:

  1. No matter what ACC or anyone else for that matter says, I think you are a very brave, strong and amazing person for doing what you are doing right now. I have all the respect for you. As for the other survivors like you, I hope they have your strength and determination to get through.

    I sincerely hope ACC lose their court case and you get well... I'll stop my rant about the government here as it is probably not productive or the best for you.

    Stay strong, stay positive and stay safe I know you can get through this.

    ReplyDelete